According to an article in the Austin American-Statesman, Williamson County home values soared 10.6 percent. The average market value of homes increased to $214,682 from $192,072, said chief appraiser Alvin Lankford.
With higher home values come higher tax appraisals. Our friends at Gracy Title pulled together this great one-pager to help you determine whether your tax appraisal is a fair assessment. You will find:
- How to determine your market value,
- Should you and how to appeal, and
- How to present your evidence, among other suggestions.
Key dates to remember:
By May 1: The chief appraiser must deliver notices related to appraisal to the property owner. This information has gone out. Be on the lookout, if you haven’t received already.
By June 1: Property owners must file protests by this date.
For more detailed information per the district you live in, visit your appraisal district website:
- Williamson County — www.wcad.org
- Hays County — www.hayscad.com
- Travis County — www.traviscad.org
- Bastrop County — www.bastropcad.org